Caesar Salad


Homemade Croutons:

Bake 375 for 10-20 minutes (I like them lightly toasted, so I prefer about 10 minutes)

1 loaf of sourdough bread, cubed

Toss with: 

Olive oil

Grated parmesan cheese

Salt 

Oregano


Dressing: Smash anchovies and garlic until it makes a paste, add remaining ingredients until a smooth dressing. I mix it all with a fork.

 3 anchovies, packed in oil

1 garlic clove, minced

2T Dijon mustard

1 egg yolk

1/2 T worcestershire sauce

Juice of half a lemon

Pinch of salt

3 T Olive oil

1/4 C grated parmesan cheese


To make the salad:

Romaine lettuce ( you can leave whole pieces. I prefer to chop it, so it's easier to eat)

Dressing

Croutons

Shaved Parmesan

Fresh cracked black pepper


*I have always wanted to make a homemade caesar dressing and so glad I finally did. It was super delicious and I will make this again and again. The croutons were easy to make and super worth it. I got this recipe from myhealthydish.com

Comments

Popular Posts