Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana

We love this soup!  Just as good, or better than Olive Garden...are for sure cheaper

1 lb. Italian Sausage {I buy mild}
2 large russet potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4" slices {I usually do more, like 4+}
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 C. real bacon bits
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 C. kale or Swiss Chard, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
1 qt water  {4 cups}
1 C. heavy cream

Cook sausage in a 300* oven.  Bake about 1/2 hour, drain on paper towel and cut into slices.

Place onion, potatoes, chicken broth, water and garlic in pot, cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender.  Add sausage, bacon, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another 10 minutes.  Turn to low heat, add kale and cream.  Heat through and serve.

* I use 8-10 cups water and 4 tsp. chicken bouillon because I like a lot of broth.  I just eyeball it :)

Comments

Popular Posts