Sausage Stuffing

I hate to admit, but I've always made stove top for Thanksgiving. The kids favorite and one less thing that takes a lot of time. This year {2014} I decided I would make real stuffing.  Super easy and super yummy. Next Thanksgiving I think I will attempt homemade cornbread stuffing.

1 lb. sausage roll
1 large onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 14 oz package cubed stuffing
1 tsp poultry seasoning
2 1/2 C chicken broth
1/2 C melted butter
{optional, can add 1/2 can evaporated milk. Can also add 2 granny smith apples, diced}

Cook sausage.  Add onion & celery and cook, string occasionally until sausage is brown. In a bowl, add cubed stuffing and sausage mixture, sprinkle seasoning.  Pour broth and melted butter ans toss to combine. Spoon into a 9 X 13 and cover with foil.  Bake 350* for 45 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts