Lemon Bars


Gotta love lemon bars! They have been one of Mark's favorites since he was little. I found a recipe that he loves.

Lemon Bars

2 sticks butter
2 cups flour
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
4 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar
4 T. flour
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 T. finely grated lemon peel
sifted confectioners' sugar

Heat oven to 325* Blend Butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Pat into ungreased 9 by 13 pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes. For filling, blend together eggs, sugar, 4 T. flour, lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour over first layer {after baked}. Return to oven and bake 325* for 20 minutes. Loosen around edges, cut into bars and sift confectioners' sugar over top while warm.

Comments

  1. yay! I am so happy you shared this recipe. Thank you! These are the greatest lemon bars I've ever had. Then again, I don't think I've ever had something you've made that isn't fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha--a recipe exactly like mine. Except back in the day I said "two cubes REAL butter" because people didn't cook with butter as much, and, as you know, it makes all the difference in the world. Also I use a tsp of baking powder in the lemon mix---don't have any idea what difference it makes. Nothing quite as good as butter and fresh lemons----I'm sure the lemon juice obliterates the fat grams in the butter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts