Thai Chicken Pizza



I got this recipe from Kristin, my cousin Michael's wife. I've been making it for almost 3 years. I have been on the hunt for a great pizza dough recipe, and think I'm pretty close, if not there. I found this pizza dough recipe that is actually for bread sticks, but works great for pizza. I like a crisp crust, and this is the closest I've found. I LOVE the dough, it's so soft and easy to work with. I usually double the dough recipe and it makes 4 large pizza's plus a dessert pizza.(add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon!) I love the flavor of this pizza, so AMAZING!

*This time I made one large Thai chicken pizza, two pepperoni's and one cheese. I know I've made two Thai pizza's with one peanut sauce recipe. You don't need a lot of sauce to get the flavor, it's very powerful.

Thai Chicken Pizza

Peanut Sauce:
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
2 T. Hoisin sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 T. granulated sugar
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. water
2 tsp. sesame oil (or canola oil)
2 T. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. minced onion
1 tsp. minced ginger-root

Mix above ingredients in microwave safe bowl. Pour this mixture into blender and blend for 15 seconds or until mostly smooth. Pour back into bowl and microwave for 1 minute. The peanut sauce should be darker now. At this point, you can add more sesame oil to achieve desired consistency. (I don't always put this in the blender, if it's not too "lumpy", but it does make it a smoother sauce. I usually don't add the peanuts for a topping.)

Toppings:
1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
1 1/2 c. grated mozzarella
1-2 green onions, sliced (you could also try using thinly sliced red onion instead)
1/4 c. grated carrot
2 tsp. minced cilantro
1 T. chopped peanuts

Spread peanut sauce onto prepared pizza crust. Sprinkle 1 c. mozzarella, onion, chicken, carrots, cilantro, nut, and then the rest of the mozzarella. Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees, or until edges of crust turn golden brown.

Pizza Dough

This recipe, adapted from Roberta’s, the pizza and hipster haute-cuisine utopia in Bushwick, Brooklyn
  • 153grams 00 flour (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
  • 153grams all-purpose flour (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons)
  • 8grams fine sea salt (1 teaspoon)
  • 2grams active dry yeast (¾ teaspoon)
  • 4grams extra-virgin olive oil (1 teaspoon)
  • 200 grams (a little less than 1 cup) lukewarm tap water
  • Step 1
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flours and salt.

  2. Step 2

    In a small mixing bowl, stir together 200 grams (a little less than 1 cup) lukewarm tap water, the yeast and the olive oil, then pour it into flour mixture. Knead with your hands until well combined, approximately 3 minutes, then let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.

  3. Step 3

    Knead rested dough for 3 minutes. Cut into 2 equal pieces and shape each into a ball. Place on a heavily floured surface, cover with dampened cloth, and let rest and rise for 3 to 4 hours at room temperature or for 8 to 24 hours in the refrigerator. (If you refrigerate the dough, remove it 30 to 45 minutes before you begin to shape it for pizza.)



1 1/2 cups hot water
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tablespoon SAF instant yeast
3 1/2 - 4 cups flour

Combine water, sugar, salt, yeast and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 4 minutes. *I just throw everything in my kitchen aid, mix it all and then add the dough hook & let the mixer knead it. I typically don't even need to put flour in the counter when I'm rolling it out, it's that perfect of a dough. Love it.

Comments

  1. YUM!!! It's been a long time since I've made this pizza! I need to add it to my menu soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've NEVER made it---looks fabulous. will you just come over and make it for me while I lay around??

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for leaving this recipe up all these years! best pizza dough. xx from Cape Town.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts