Crepes

I made these the weekend Rachel came home. I made the batter late Saturday night and made the crepes on Sunday. They were perfect, no lumps. I tripled the recipe and had plenty for breakfast. The kids like them with whipped cream, syrup and powdered sugar. I had mine with yogurt on the inside topped with powdered sugar. Fresh fruit would have been nice, but after making so many, I was just happy to eat some. My mom made these growing up and would fill them with shrimp, and other meats for dinner; as well as for breakfast. She's way more creative than I am.

Crepes

Mix well in blender:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 TB melted butter

For dessert crepes add 2 TB sugar & 1/2 tsp lemon extract or vanilla

Let batter stand for at least one hour

Comments

  1. Yumm! I don't know why the thought never occurred to me to fill with "dinner foods". I have a similar recipe and for the dessert crepes, I also add some lemon zest, it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane -- what did you use for filling -- crepes are sounding REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used yogurt, but I like to put fruit with the yogurt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts