Mommy fried chicken


We had this all the time growing up. We loved it. It's just one of those comfort foods that I thoroughly enjoy. I have children request it when I haven't made it for awhile.

*I always (at least) double this, because we eat a lot of chicken

Mix together in a ziplock bag:
2/3 cup flour
2 tsp. salt
dash pepper
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. chili powder

Dip chicken pieces(I only use drum sticks-about 14-18 pieces-that's doubled)in butter( I usually start with 1/2 cup of butter), then flour mixture. Cover pan with foil. Drizzle extra butter over chicken.

Bake 375* for 1 hour



This is a funny picture, but this is the left over crust from the pan. This was the most coveted part of the dish. We would scrape and eat the crust. It had the best flavor, I can't even describe.

Comments

  1. Love that you love it!! You kids would never eat the AVOCADO/ORANGE sauce that goes with it---I'd give it a try in honor of your love of avocados!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts