Honey Sesame Tenderloin

This is a recipe of my Mom's, and I haven't had it forever. So the other day I had a tenderloin that I was going to use for Mexican food. I opened the fridge and saw it and decided I better do something with it before it went bad. I decided to make this recipe. You'll see that you should marinade it for a few hours or overnight, but I was in a hurry. I did it for about half an hour and it was still amazing. The only thing I'd do different is to make more. One large tenderloin didn't cut it for my family. I love Asian food and these are some of my favorite ingredients to cook with. Everyone in the family devoured this and I need to remember to make it more often. I also love it because the cook time is so short. If you plan ahead to marinade, you can just pull it out to cook while rice is cooking and dinner will be so easy.

Honey Sesame Tenderloin

Combine: 1/2 c. soy sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1 T. grated fresh ginger root
1 T. sesame oil

Pour over 1 pound whole pork tenderloin
Marinate 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.

Remove pork from marinade. Roll in mixture of 1/4 cup honey and 2 T. brown sugar. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Roast in shallow pan at 375* for 30-35 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 160. Slice thin to serve. Serves 4

Comments

  1. That's one of our favorites, too (and I haven't made it in a while!) We have BBQ'd it before. Jeff coiled the tenderloin on a skewer and it turned out really moist inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! And yet, I've never made it. What's wrong with me??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely a great recipe (from Aunt Wendy) and I myself had one of the worst disasters of my cooking life because I didn't check the oven temperature first. But it has two drawbacks---pork tenderloin is expensive, and it tends to be bland (your picture looks nice and golden brown but I've had it served pretty gray and blah). So BBQ-ing is a great idea. Or also rolling them (they are small so you need two or more) in cornstarch and sugar, then browning them in a skillet with oil, then roasting, and brushing with the glaze in 4 steps (rather than marinating) all add to more roasty and deep flavor. And a HOT oven helps---I had guests waiting and it just wouldn't get done because I had the oven about 250----I've always been drifty :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts