Whole Wheat Bread

A friend from my parents ward in Santa Clara UT, Stephanie, is an amazing lady. I don't know her really well, but everyone adores her. She has included me on her email list, which includes recipes, food storage tips etc. I asked her for her French Bread recipe and I got a few extra. I tried the Whole wheat bread recipe yesterday and love it. The french bread looks amazing, but just takes a little more time than I had. I will try it one day soon. Here is also a link for bread tips from a girl in St. George at the Bosch store. I loved all the tips and thought it was worth watching. The recipe came from Lacy from Bosch. I did use a thermometer to check the temperature of the water (and the bread), which I've never done, but will do from now on. I may buy some more of the gadgets she suggested, if I get serious. I also only used whole wheat flour and it turned out fluffy and moist. I have a kitchen aid and was afraid this amount wouldn't fit, so I cut the recipe in half. It made two loaves.

This is probably bad timing, since you are all pulling out your grilling recipes with the warmer weather, but I was so excited, I had to share.

Whole Wheat Bread

•5 1/2 C Warm Water (90-100D)
•2/3 C Oil
•1/2 C Honey or Xagave
•2/3 C Applesauce
•2 T Dough Enhancer
•2 T Vital Wheat Gluten
•2 T SAF Yeast
•2 T Real Salt
•11-13 C Whole Wheat Flour (5 C added first, then 1 C at a time)

-In a Bosch Mixer add Water, Yeast, Oil, Honey, Applesauce, Gluten, Enhancer, and 5 C Wheat Flour.
-Use the "M" Switch to incorporate.
-Turn to speed one and add 1 C of Flour at a time with Salt will the Dough scrapes away from the edges.
-Once the bowl's edges are clean, Knead on speed 1 for 6 min.
-Remove and shape into pans, let rise and Bake at 350 for 30-35 min or till internal temp reaches 200.

Not the best picture, but it really was good.

Comments

  1. I made a comment and it didn't post so I'll say it again! Stephanie is my V.T. and she always brings me the best things. Her bread is perfect and she wrote to tell me she had perfected French bread---which would be great with grilled food. Another thing you can add to the list of things to bring to the airport :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts