French Bread

I tried the french bread recipe tonight that Stephanie sent me. It was Incredible! I love crunchy, crusty french bread and this bread was. It was soft in the middle and crusty on the outside. Perfect! I am including the link from cooking with Lacey, the lady at the Bosch store in St. George. Worth watching and learning some new tips. Twice now I've used the thermometer to test my water, and I think it's very helpful. I made 4 good sized loaves.

French Bread

•3C Water (110)
•1T SAF Yeast
•2t Sugar
•4C Unbleached Bread Flour
•1T Real Salt
•4-6C Unbleached Bread Flour

In a Bosch Mixer, Mix water, yeast, sugar, and half of the 4C bread flour using the “M” switch until incorporated.
Turn to speed 1 and add salt.
Slowly add remaining cups bread flour until the bread pulls away from the bowl sides. Note: You may need more or less flour.
Remove dough from bowl and place in a well greased, stainless steel bowl. Let it rise for 30-45 minutes until dough has doubled in size.
Punch down and let it raise for another 30 minutes.
Remove dough from bowl and cut the dough into a desired weight for bread.
Let it rest for 15 minutes.
Shape and let it rise for 30-45 minutes. Spray with egg wash
Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes spraying the oven twice during this time and avoid spraying near the lights.

Turn the oven to 350 and continue to bake until the internal temperature reaches 200.



Comments

  1. Looks so gooooood!!! You don't know how jealous I was going with Kelly to buy her Bosch mixer! Ahhhh, maybe some day it will be my turn so I can make amazing breads like my sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I've gotta get a Bosch---or maybe just let people bring me bread!. I used to make French bread by hand, and bread sticks and pizza dough---love this revival of good things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my kitchen aid, no Bosch for me. It would be fun, but where would I put it, and they cost a pretty penny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread is literally mouth watering to look at in those pictures! I'm glad you just used your Kitchen-Aid, so I don't feel like I need to run out and get a Bosch. Great job DiDi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I made banana french toast with left overs-yumm-o!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts