Jolly Gingerbread Men

I know I should have posted this weeks ago, but if you're baking this week, you're in luck. These are THE BEST gingerbread cookies by far. So yummy and soft. Abby had a play date last week with a friend from school and we made them. Her friend asked if I could write down the recipe for her mom. What a cute 5 year old! They are that good. I got this recipe from Linda Ford, a friend that lived in Greeley for years, but has since moved.

Jolly Gingerbread Men

Cream together:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup light molasses

Add:
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
3-3 1/2 cups flour

Chill dough 1/2 -1 hour. Roll out and cut into gingerbread men. Add raisins or red hots for eyes. Also cute to poke a hole in the top and tie with a licorice lace.

Bake 350* 8-10 minutes. (eight minutes works for me, they come out perfectly soft) This is not the recipe you'd use to hang from your tree; they'd brake. Way too soft, unless you over baked them.

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy. Next Christmas I plan to bake cookies for days and days with the grandchildren so the Moms can get stuff done. I'll copy this one for sure. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made these Christmas Eve for Santa - they turned out great - glad we made a double batch - 'cause we barely had enough left to leave for Santa! I love that they were soft - yet the outside had the perfect amount of crunch to it - great flavor! Also we got a special surprise package on Christmas Eve from the Marion Family -- LOVE IT! Thank you for being SO thoughtful, can't wait to hang it, I have the perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts