Poppy Seed Cake

My friend Jenny made this for our family awhile back. My kids went CRAZY over it. Had to have the recipe, and we've made it several times. She was generous and I get to share with you. I made it this week for the football dinner. Joel came home and said, "Mom, your cake was the hit of the dinner."! Players and their Mom's said they need this recipe. When you see the ingredients- super easy, and real good for you!(: I keep a stash of cake mix and pudding on hand now. Thanks Jenny. (you'll be thanking her too!)

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 small pkg french vanilla pudding
2 T. poppy seed
2 T. almond flavor

Combine all ingredients and blend well. Pour into a greased and sugared bundt pan. Bake 350* for 45 minutes or until done. {I had written on my recipe card 25 minutes-so you may want to check after 20 minutes to see how it's doing} Cool for 15 minutes, turn out and cool. Drizzle glaze or sift powdered sugar over cake.

Glaze is powdered sugar and water. Mix until desired consistency. hint: you don't need much water, add a little at a time. Trial and error speaking.

I will add a picture next time I make it. It was a busy day; didn't even think to take a picture.

Comments

  1. Hi. I made 2 of these cakes today. 1 for The Krammer family and 1 for us. First of all, it was the easiest thing to make. Second, it was so good it was scary. Like, oh-my-goodness, wow, good! Thank you so very much for sharing this recipe. Also, the romaine, strawberry, feta, honey-roasted almond salad turned out really good too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts