Chicken Tortilla Soup

I've had a few requests for this soup. I got it from my sister in law, Marla. It's super easy and delicious.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
1 T. lime juice
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
2-14 1/2 oz. chicken broth
1 cup bottled salsa
1 cup frozen corn
tortilla chips
shredded Monterey Jack cheese

1. Heat oil. Cut chicken into bite size chunks, cook in oil. Add onions, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook 2 minutes.

2. Add the broth, salsa and corn. Stir to mix. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil 8-10 minutes.

Top with crushed tortilla chips and cheese.

*Diane's note- I've used fresh salsa before and it was awesome. I always use a good quality salsa, just because that's where you get a lot of the flavor. I've also used roasted whole chicken or rotisserie chicken which are both awesome. I also make my own broth with this recipe. So much cheaper and just as good. I also like to add black beans to this recipe.

Sorry no picture.

Comments

  1. Yesssss! You are so one of my favorite people ever! I was just headed to the store and just before I left I thought I'd check your blog. I was hoping you had by chance posted this recipe, since I've been harassing you for it. Sorry;). But, thank you! I'm totally going to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an easy recipe. We gobbled it up, next time I will double it to ensure leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts