Chicken Noodle Soup



I bought a large pack of chicken breasts at the store (6 large) to make chicken noodle soup. I threw them in the crock pot with a cup of water and some chicken bullion. I cooked them on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. The chicken turned out so moist and the broth it made was perfect for chicken noodle soup. I used only half of the chicken for the soup, and there was a TON. I saved the rest for chicken tortilla soup but we ended up making tostada's and quesadilla's. I highly recommend doing this and saving it for a quick meal. It's just as easy as roasting, but I liked having the broth. I don't have a written down recipe for the soup. I just eyeball everything, and make it very simple.

Onions, carrots, celery, chicken, and noodles; seasoned with salt and pepper.

If you wanted a recipe, leave a comment and I will write it down. I was just excited to share my technique of cooking the chicken.

Comments

  1. This looks so much easier and better than the complicated way I (hardly ever) do it. I see chicken noodle soup in our future! And the crepes looks heavenly---thanks for giving me very undeserved credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane! This is amazing. I can't wait to try it. It looks so tasty and easy. I'm getting ready to make your chicken tortilla soup for dinner. Too bad I didn't see this recipe lots earlier so I could cook my chicken like that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. made this for my sick household tonight and could not get enough of it! It was so delicious and hit the spot! I added white pepper and loved what it did for the soup. So glad you shared this recipe, a definite staple. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts