Chicken Alfredo Stacked

I don't know what to call this recipes. Don't know the real name. My Mother-in-law had this at a restaurant in Canada, when they were serving a mission. We have made it many times and it may seem a little weird, but it's a wonderful combination.

Cut up chicken into thin slices and pan fry it with a little EVOO. I've also used roasted (rotisserie) chicken many times and that's amazing.

Make Alfredo sauce:
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 to 1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (or blended)
1/2 T. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper (optional)
*Remember my tip to add a small amount of Gorgonzola cheese to enrich the flavor.

Steam or grill your asparagus. I usually buy one bunch. I think the original recipe had tomato wedges, but I usually dice them. Just enough to top.

Broil (toast) slices of french bread with a little butter

To assemble: french bread, chicken, top with Alfredo sauce, asparagus and tomatoes.

Eat with a knife and fork.

You can also add your chicken to your sauce and then pore that on top. I've done it that way, as well. If you have picky eaters, separately makes them happier.

I also have to make pasta when I make this, so everyone's happy. It's takes up the whole stove top. That means it's a good dinner (:

My friend pointed out that this would be a great Christmas/Holiday meal with the red and green. So Simple, but you feel a little gourmet.



Comments

  1. ok you can meet us at the airport with chimichangas and then have this for dessert!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this looks super good...not sure why I'm saying that -- of course it looks good and IS good - it made it on YOUR food blog! When are going to have guest post-ers?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brigette,

    Never thought of it, but I love the idea. You can be my first guest. How should I do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you making this at Kristina's. So delish and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts