Pumpkin Bars


I've had and loved this recipe for years. I took it to Preschool last year when I had to bring a snack with something Pumpkin in it. The children loved it and I had ladies I don't even know come up after and ask if they could have some. (I had plates for all the teachers to take home, and then my jelly roll pans with some leftovers from the kids) Always a crowd pleaser.

Pumpkin Bars

Mix together:
2 cup sugar
1 cup oil
16 oz. can pumpkin
4 eggs
Add:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
(ginger, nutmeg, allspice)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Spread into greased jelly roll pan. Bake 350* 15-20 minutes

Frosting:
1/2 stick soft butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1-8oz. cream cheese
2 tsp. milk
4-5 cups powdered sugar

*I substituted apple sauce for the oil the last time I made it. They were still amazing. Made me feel a little better about devouring them. Now if I could do something about the frosting!

Comments

  1. Delicious!!! One of my favorite desserts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane!! I am so excited to make these! They were so delicious and to think you used apple sauce makes them even more yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about this recipe a ton lately. I wonder if bananas could be substituted for the pumpkin? I've got a bunch of overripe bananas that I need to use but don't want to make banana bread again. hmmm, I may just give it a try. Love the pumpkin bars so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts