Beginning

I always want to add recipes to my blog, but don't want my blog to be all recipes, so I decided to create a recipe blog. I will share only recipes we've tried and enjoyed. Remember I have some picky eaters, so the majority will have like the dish.

What's in the name, you ask? I named my blog Avocado because Avocado's are one of my FAVORITE things in the world. To add to my giddiness, after many years on this earth, (like a year ago) I discovered that my Great-Grandpa owned one of the largest Avocado farms in California. That excites me! Makes my love for those beautiful green fruits even greater. "Avocado" was already taken as a name, so I used the pronunciation av-o-kad-o for my name.

Isn't my Great Grandpa Bell darling? And check out those Avocado's! They seems to be getting smaller, at least the ones I buy.

Comments

  1. I'm so excited for this blog! I LOVE avocados too. And I just learned something new about my great grandpa! That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited!

    I, of course, LOVE the picture of your Great Grandpa Bell - family history is so much fun -- always neat to know where we came from and maybe why we like certain things SO much...can't wait to try more great Marion recipes - we're having one of our favorite Marion recipes tomorrow for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get that picture?! I knew that story but I don't think I've ever seen that picture before. He looks so much like Grandpa Bell! And what a fun idea for a blog. I can't wait to see (and try) all of your recipes. You are a great cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOw cute. Good beacause I am all about getting new recipes and it is good to know someone you know has already tried them. I want lots of crock pot and homemade soup recipes for the coming winter months please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it DiDi! I'll be checking often for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new blog! I will be checking here often for new recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts